Vacation is sadly over. I will admit that it was awesome being able to step away from our busy life to get a few minutes of sandy peace and sunshine! It was definitely needed. Now that I am back, I have been itching to share a few more scary stories with you! Mostly because I was able to speak with my neighbor directly about things that have been happening around the house. And I mean that literally. Apparently, things have been happening outside of our home as well. Now, prior to my blog post about the hauntings, she and I have never spoken about it. After reading my blog, however, it was brought up casually in our conversation the other day.
One thing I haven't mentioned in prior posts is something that happens pretty regularly. Cody gets up for work around 5:30 every morning. He is usually pulling out of the driveway no later than 5:45. I know right, it only takes him 15 minutes to get ready, it is ridiculous. Anyway, so I can hear his work truck pull out because our driveway ends right beside our bedroom window. It is actually quite annoying because it wakes me up every morning, but it is a sound that I am used to. Not everyday, but a few times a week I hear the familiar sound of Cody getting into his truck, starting it, and backing out of the driveway. About two minutes later, it sounds like he is coming back into the house. I can hear a bump, as if the front door is being closed, and then it sounds like someone is pacing or walking in circles looking for something. On occasion, it has been so distinct that I have gotten up to help him search for whatever "he" is looking for... only to find an empty house. One morning, about two months ago, it happened. I heard him leave and then I heard the pacing foot steps. I sat up and called out his name. Even though it was morning, it was still dark out, which left me feeling a little vulnerable and spooked. The footsteps stopped immediately after I called his name but no answer. Thinking I had somehow dreamt it, I laid back down and tried to go back to sleep. Nope. There they were again. Pacing. And then a drawer opened. The drawer to the table by the front door. I then heard muttering, like he was talking to himself, and it was low but it was clearly Cody's voice. Maybe he hadn't heard me or maybe he didn't want to yell back because he was by the boys' room. I texted him, "What are you looking for?" and waited. About one minute later, Cody called me. When I answered he asked, "What are you talking about?" I continued to tell him that I had heard him looking for something in the drawer and asked if he had lost his keys. "Honey, I am on the interstate right now, I left about 30 minutes ago." He replied. My heart sank. Then I realized, I didn't hear the footsteps anymore. Needless to say, I couldn't go back to sleep. I got up and turned on every light and started to research what I had heard. Now, I don't know how true this is, but it was actually a very common thing in the paranormal world. It is something called a "Spirit Mimic." It is a spirit's ability to mock sounds that we are familiar with, such as a person's voice, a door (or drawer) shutting, footsteps, etc. The reason behind spirits doing this is to mostly get your attention. Apparently, a lot of entities want acknowledgement because they thrive on energy. Whether it is good or bad. Have you ever thought someone called your name but they didn't? Or heard footsteps when no one was there? Or a doorbell, perhaps? This leads me to my next story.
Just a little fact about me: I will not come to the door if you come to my house unannounced. Sorry, but it just is not going to happen. I have seen way too many Lifetime movies where that ends badly for the housewife. It is sad that that is how the world works, that we are scared to go to our own front doors, but unfortunately that is just how it is. But on this particular day, I was expecting a package. A book that I had been dying to read so I was anxiously awaiting and my UPS app had anticipated its arrival that day. In the middle of doing dishes, the doorbell rang. I did my little happy dance all the way to the door, only to realize that no one was there. I opened the door hoping that they'd left the package but nothing was there. I thought it was strange but went back to my dishes. The doorbell rang again. This time twice. I peeked through the blinds and didn't see a car, UPS truck, mail truck, or anything in the driveway. So of course I think, what moronic child is playing ding-dong-ditch in the middle of the afternoon? And this mama was not about to be played. I posted up by one of the windows that actually looks out onto our front porch. I stayed very still (thankfully Oliver was napping or this stakeout would not have been so quiet). I waited about 15 minutes and nothing happened. Realizing how silly I looked, I went back to cleaning. And there it was again. Ding-dong. Ding-dong. Ding-dong. This time, I happened to be picking up shoes from the front door and quickly jumped to the window on our door. No one there. Unless this child was invisible or a track star, I don't know how they would've gotten away so quickly without me seeing part of them. It was a little annoying, but I honestly did not think much of it. Even though we don't have many young kids in our neighborhood, it was something that could be shaken off as a prank and I left it at that.
I actually have not thought much else about that story until we arrived home from our vacation a couple of hours ago. My neighbor and I look out for one another's homes and I went over to speak with her when we returned. As stated earlier, before my blog -- I had never mentioned any of these stories to her. Not to many people, actually. Mostly because people are so quick to call you crazy when something is out of the ordinary. And some will only assume you're making it up because honestly, some are very hard to believe. Anyway, since she has read my blog we have spoken about our different experiences and it turns out... a lot of them are similar. Apparently, while we were gone she had almost the same doorbell experience I had had. She said that she and her dad were home a couple of days ago when her doorbell went crazy. It started to ring over and over and over and there was no sign of a car in her driveway or anyone outside. Just like I did, she assumed she was going crazy -- until her dad confirmed that he heard it as well and that they had gotten to the door quickly enough to see someone if they had been there. This verified that something was definitely going on between our homes and though we don't know what it is, it seems to enjoy the attention it is getting. And from what I can collect, it definitely sounds like this is Spirit Mimicking.
As I was speaking with her this evening, I asked her what type of vibe she gets when stuff happens. And oddly enough, she said that she gets a very "childish" vibe. That whatever this is, seems like child-like behavior. She also mentioned that she hears what seems to be small, quick footsteps, as well as laughing. Even though it is an uncomfortable thing to hear or discuss, it gives me comfort to know that I am not insane and that someone is actually on the same page. My goal over the next few days is to look for history of this land. Maybe something goes further back before the house was even built? Or maybe it is just me that is haunted? Have you ever had an experience with a Spirit Mimic? Or thought you had? Please share your story in the comments below and always check under the bed before turning out the lights.


No comments:
Post a Comment