Friday, September 9, 2016

Homemade Ghost Stories

Grab your flashlights -- it is time for some ghost stories! I wish I could say that some of these weren't true, however, sadly... this is my creepy little life. So, I have been thinking about what other stories I should share with you and I had good ones that I had planned to share in this entry but it seems as though my "visitors" had something else in mind. In one of my previous entries I mentioned that Cody would be going out of town for work soon. What I didn't mention is that he has actually been out of town the past couple of days. The reasons for me not posting that I was home alone, with two children, on the internet should be obvious but now that he is back in town I can say that! Under those circumstances I had some odd experiences over the last few days that I would like to share. Paranormal? You decide. 


The first night that Cody was out of town was actually Wednesday night. The boys and I went about our normal routine and I was actually starting to relax. Most of the day was over, it was almost bedtime, and nothing had happened so far -- we were in the clear. *Buzzer sound* Wrong. The boys obviously sleep with me when Cody is away. I pretend its for them but honestly, I am a chicken shit and don't like to sleep alone. So we had just finished video chatting with Dad and I begin to walk around, locking doors, checking windows, and turning off lights. Now, if you can imagine, my house is a complete circle on the inside. When you walk into my front door you have the option to go left into the hallway or if you go straight it takes you through the living room, into "the office" or what is now the playroom, through the kitchen, through the bonus room and then back into the hallway that leads to our bedrooms and that goes back into the living room. That was probably the worst explanation but you get it, it's a circle. So I start in the kitchen and make my way through the office and living room turning off lights. After I check the door and step back into the hallway I noticed by looking into the kitchen that the light was still on in the office/playroom. Maybe I forgot to hit the switch. I go back into the office, turn the light out, walk through the living room and step back into the hallway. And what do ya know? The office light is on... again. Maybe I'm not doing something right? I am trying, at all costs, to avoid the possibility that this is something paranormal. That maybe my light switches are jacked up somehow. I stand in the hallway for a minute, trying to get my life together, and I am staring into the kitchen where the office light can be seen. I stand there for about 30 seconds and then "click" the office light turns off. So after changing my underwear, I climb into bed. The boys are enjoying their 15 minutes of electronic time and are not the slightest bit concerned that their mother has just suffered 3 mini strokes, a heart attack, and a possible ankle fracture. So, it takes me forever to get adjusted and clear my head and thankfully nothing else happened that night. 

The next day, in broad daylight, my curiosity gets the best of me. I turned the switch on and off, walked in and out of the room, talked to myself way too much, and come to actually no reasonable conclusion. We have never had any electrical problems. Being married to a very particular electrician, that wouldn't be a possibility anyway. So I have no idea what it could have been. Hopefully, it was some kind of glitch and I just scared myself to death over nothing.

That night, I tried to keep my mind occupied. We played games, read stories, and watched a movie. All seemed well until it was bath time. The boys were in their bubble bath and I was running around trying to make the house look like humans lived there (not wild animals) when one of Oliver's trains went off in the playroom. (The office and the playroom are the same room, I apologize if I am extremely confusing.) So, that is not incredibly uncommon. Sometimes when the boys are responsible for cleaning their playroom, things get shoved and crammed any kind of way in their toy bins, so this didn't startle me too much at first. So I find the train and take it out of the bin completely. I place it on top of the shelf/organizer and proceed to my chores. Everything seems to be going smoothly, I get the boys in pj's and in bed. By the way, I was KILLING that single mom life. Like a boss. I'm just saying. So the boys instantly pass out because it had been a long day and I'm excited because that means I get to watch an episode of Weeds. If you don't know what that show is, I don't know what you're doing with your life. Anyway, mid-episode I hear that stupid train again. And this isn't the first time I have had an experience with that specific train, might I add. So I get up and walk back into the playroom. And what do ya know, the light was back on... and there sits that happy little train just choo-chooing away in all its creepiness. Needless to say, that light stayed on and that train sat right there because I was not setting foot in that room. And that train chooed for 20 minutes, by the way! If I haven't ever had faith in Duracell batteries, I did Thursday night! 

My final experience actually happened a couple of hours ago. Which is the whole reason I started on this entry. Now, I don't really know how to describe this one. It makes me seem a little bonkers but my story must live on. So, I was actually curling my hair in my bedroom and Mayce walks in and asks if he can run outside and grab a ball from their playhouse. Oliver is lying on his bed in his bedroom, which is directly next to ours so I can hear him interacting with an app on his iPad, answering questions that it asks him. I tell Mayce to let me finish with my hair and I will walk out with him. "Moooooom! It'll take me two seconds -- I'll be right back!" So I tell him it's fine but to leave the front door open and that I was counting to five! Side note: Our front door is a little wide for its opening, so when you open it you have to tug pretty hard and when you close it you have to put your back into it. And it is loud! So I heard him open the door and push the storm door and the storm door close behind him. Oliver is still yelling at his iPad. I count to five out loud. I am still curling my hair, staring directly into the mirror, when out of the corner of my eye I see Maycen come into my bedroom, pick up something, and run back out. And I thought to myself I didn't hear the storm door open back up and I didn't hear the front door close. "Did you close the front door?" I asked. No answer. "Mayce! Did you close the front door?" Nothing. I walk into their bedroom to find Ollie in the same spot he was minutes before and then I hear "Mom!!" from outside. The front door is still opened and the storm door is still closed. I step out on the porch to find Maycen standing on top of his playhouse. "There are ants all over the ground, I'm scared that if I get down they will bite me!" I asked him if he had been out there the whole time. He nodded. I asked him if he had come in and gone into my room. He shook his head no. Of course I asked him a few more times because I KNOW that I saw someone about his size slip into my room and back out. Maycen is not one to lie, even if he knows it will get him in trouble, so I usually take his word for it. Oliver had not moved but I asked him anyway. Of course, he said no. So.. that left me wondering.. who came into my room? Or, should I say, what came into my room?

Any ideas? Let me know in the comments below what you think it could be! Also, I have looked into the history of our house and could not find anything out of the ordinary so I am kind of at a stand still right now. If any of you know how I could get more information outside of just a Google search -- fill me in! And why is it, do you think, that "they" like to mess with me when I am alone? Should I set up a camera?! You tell me. Be safe and always check under the bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment