Saturday, September 10, 2016

Fall Mantel Decor: On A Budget!

It's Fall! Well, almost. So I decided to get into the spirit with a DIY! I wanted to do something a little different this year and stray away from the typical fall colors. As much as I love them... the orange, reds, and yellows didn't blend too well with the earthy vibe I am going for in my new living room! All the more reason to go to Dollar Tree! And we all know I am always looking for a reason to shop there. One of my favorite things to do is find something cheap and make it look expensive and Dollar Tree is just the place to do it! So, here it is! My fall mantel decor for under $10.00... cause this mama is on a budget, y'all.


Honestly, it isn't EXACTLY how I want it to be yet... I'm still debating on what I should add. Possibly more ivy? But for less than $10.00, I think it is pretty cute. So let me show you how I did it!

These foam carving pumpkins are the cutest and only $1.00 a piece. I grabbed five of these and then made my way to the floral section and grabbed three strands of faux ivy, also $1.00 a piece!



I didn't get a picture of the painting process, however, I will give props to Cody and Maycen for helping me cover the bright orange punkins with some white acrylic paint! And last minute, I found some twine in one of my craft drawers! Now, if you don't already have this you can find it at Wal-Mart. Mine still had the price on it ($1.00) and I am pretty sure it was in the craft section. 


This was the fun part! I basically just spiraled the string around the tip of the pumpkin, hot gluing as I went further up. On some of the stems I went further up with the string, giving it a more whimsical look. 


And that was it! It took me maybe an hour total, including the paint drying time! It was super fun and I was able to include the boys in this one. Let me know what you think about it -- or if there is anything you think that I should add to it! If you decide to try it, show me! I would love to see how it turns out or the twists that you'd put on it! Happy Fall, Y'all!








No comments:

Post a Comment