Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Our Haunted House?!

I'm baaaaack! So I feel like it has been forever since I have made a post but in my defense things have been super busy around here! Maycen has started K5 so a lot of time has been devoted to lunch packing, crying, reading logs, homework, and wondering why my sweet boy thinks he is a grown man now. 

One thing I have been super excited about is the fact that it is officially September! That means two awesome things -- my birthday, of course, & Fall! Although the official first day of Fall isn't until later this month.. I can tell that it is cooling off outside, which means Halloween decor is fair game, right?

And speaking of Halloween -- this post will be for the paranormal enthusiasts! Now, if you don't believe in ghosts, which is cool, then this post may not be for you. However, I do and I actually believe that one may be bunking with us at the Wollenberg residence!

Now, before I get into details I do want to say that this entity is something that I don't believe to be harmful. I have never felt threatened or "scared" in our home, but I have been a little creeped out from time to time! We have many assumptions as to "who" this presence could be, but of course I have no way of knowing for sure. 

We purchased our house from a very sweet, little lady who had decided that she would be more comfortable living in an assisted living facility. We had some difficulties at closing due to some missing paperwork on our loan company's end. The company was in a different state and it was closed by the time we had gotten to the lawyer's office. We were going to have to postpone the closing and it was getting overwhelming. I began to tear up because this was something that we had been pushing for and the process had taken way longer than anticipated. I started to cry. This sweet little lady handed the keys to us and told us that even though the process had not been completed that the house was ours. We were able to drive away from that office and go home. I will always, always love her for that.

About 6 months after we'd moved in, I awoke one night suddenly. I just opened my eyes. The house was quiet. Too quiet. I sat up and then all of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of a petite figure with white hair quickly slip around the corner into the hallway. To this day, I cannot exactly describe the feeling that came over me. It wasn't terror, but a calming feeling. Given the scenario I should have been spooked... but I wasn't. I got up quietly and stepped into the hallway -- nothing there. I checked on the boys and they were sound asleep. I knew that what I had seen was an elderly lady, but had no connection as to why the spirit of one would be in our house. I brushed it off as my imagination and climbed back in bed. I brought it up casually to Cody the next day, but we both just concluded that I was either seeing things or was still partially asleep. Somehow, I couldn't shake it. The odd part was that 2 days later, we were outside doing some yard work when our neighbor walked over to speak. She had lived in the house next door for years, and her parents before her, so she was very familiar with the lady that previously owned our home. She handed me a newspaper clipping, which was the obituary of our home's previous owner. She went on to tell us that she had passed away a couple of night's prior in the nursing home. Cody and I glanced at each other and wrapped up the conversation. I held on to the obituary and it actually hung on our fridge for a few months after that. We've honestly never spoke of it since but I believe that she was making one final round in a house that she had lived in for many years, to be sure that everything was okay, before passing on. Call me crazy but that thought brings me comfort. 

Now, over the next few months, nothing occurred. There were no sightings in the middle of the night or spooky sounds... Until about 6 months ago. This is when things started to take a turn. Now, I still did not feel threatened, but I could definitely confirm that it was not my imagination. It started one night in March. Cody and I were sitting on the couches watching TV. I was sitting on the love seat with my back to what we called the office at the time. Cody was on the opposite couch with a sleeping Oliver beside him and Maycen had gone into his room to play on his iPod. I can honestly say that I am quick to cry ghost, however Cody is not. But what happened next spooked us both. From behind me, in the office, I heard a loud whisper call out "Mama!" that made every single hair on my neck stand up. I was looking down at my laptop and was so frozen with fear that I was scared to move. I glanced up to Cody who was staring, wide-eyed, back at me. For a good two minutes we just stared at each other before Cody broke the silence with a "What the hell was that?!" I was scared but relieved that I wasn't the only one that had experienced it. Although it did not sound like Maycen at all I called out to Maycen who immediately answered me from his room. Not only can you see his doorway from the living room but we could both honestly say that there had been no movement. Trust me, when he has his iPod... there is NO movement. So, once again we both pretended that it didn't happen and did not speak much of it.

A couple of weeks later, I had some friends over. (Shout out to Erica & Tray!) I hope you guys don't mind me using your names :) I had not mentioned to either of them that this had happened prior. We were hanging out, taking a ridiculous amount of selfies, when it sounded like something fell in "the office" behind the loveseat. This was the same room that the voice had come from a couple weeks before. I still didn't say anything because I didn't want to spook them but a couple of jokes were made about ghosts. The next day at work, though, Tray mentioned that his younger relative was scrolling through his pictures on his phone and asked who was in one of the pictures. The particular picture was of him and Erica on the love seat in my living room. She then asked "No, who is the girl behind you?" As soon as those words left his mouth,  I held my breath. Obviously, there was no LIVING being in the photo behind them but after we all examined the picture, you can slightly see the outline of a girl. You can make out her facial features and even her long hair. I finally told them what Cody and I had heard a few nights before. Needless to say, they were hesitant about coming back to my house for a while after that. 

This is the point where the activity began to pick up in the house and I firmly believe that it was because we were now aware of it. I can't say that I was really "on edge" at this point because I have always been told the more it is acknowledged the worse it will get. So even when something did happen, we tried not to give it much attention. It had gotten to a point where things began to go missing or would move places. Now, this could be our imagination. We could have just misplaced things and not remembered but this seemed to be different. For example, one evening we went out to the movies. We locked the door behind us and were gone a good 4-5 hours. When we returned, the light that I had left on was out. I noticed this from the driveway. Not giving it much attention, we went inside. The door was still locked and keep in mind that no one besides us has a key to our home. My heart jumped up into my throat after we stepped in the door. The stack of mail that was kept on the entryway table seemed to have been thrown across the living room. I immediately panic and think "break-in" but nothing else was out of place. Cody checked out the house, the doors, and the windows... nothing/no one was there but there was no explanation that either of us could come up with to comfort ourselves. 

We had another experience similar to that one. When we went out for the evening and came home all of the magnetic letters from the fridge were ALL OVER the kitchen floor. That has actually happened more than once. Toys will move on their own and just the other night, we were sitting in the living room floor (the boys were in the kitchen) and one of Oliver's trucks slowly began to roll across the floor from one of the corners of their playroom. What is odd is that most of the activity is coming from the same room. We have recently opened up the wall from "the office" to the living room, to make a larger space. It is now a play room for their boys and now throughout the night [and day] toys begin to sing and roll on their own. As a matter of fact, last night I woke up to the sound of Oliver's train "choo-chooing" at 2 am!

Most can rule these as coincidences and call us crazy. But one night I think that I was able to get proof that maybe it is something paranormal. Once again, we were sitting in the living room. The boys have a really large inflatable ball that they rarely play with. It was over by the entryway table. In the middle of our conversation, the ball just rolled over to Cody. Jokingly, he pushed it back across the floor. To our surprise, it stopped right in the middle of the floor and rolled back to him. I immediately grabbed my phone and started snapping pictures. I didn't think I would catch anything, it was mostly just for fun. Oddly, as I was taking the pictures error messages were popping up on my phone and the pictures were not saving. It was very strange because it was something that it had never done before. And as I scrolled through them only 2 pictures would show up. I will share the one I have with you. 


You be the judge!

Please let me know what you think about our experiences! Real? Coincidences? Would you like to hear more ghost stories (because yes, there are more!) Sweet dreams, loves! 


No comments:

Post a Comment