Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Is My House Haunted: Take 2

So, I honestly had no idea that so many people were that interested in the paranormal activity of our home! I have received some of the funniest messages and comments with a lot of requests to keep posting so here it is: Part 2.

Now, I thought about this a lot last night and a part of me wonders if the house is haunted.. or if it is just me! I have read that entities can latch on to people just as well as places and this would not be my first experience with ghosts. I do have many possibilities as to who these beings could be as during my childhood I endured several deaths in my family, as well as friends. In the course of 5 years or so, my family suffered terrible losses starting with my 22 year old brother in 2003. Following him over the next few years were two of my uncles, a family friend, my grandpa, and two great grandparents. By the time I was a teenager I then lost one of my oldest friends and then one of my newer friends on my birthday in 2013. Obviously, I have suffered great losses, but death is not something that I fear or that I am unfamiliar with. I think that most of my generation in my family can relate to feeling like we were in a funeral home every few months. We actually grew very close with the funeral directors as to where they knew us all by name. Weird, right? I can say that it was hard and that my childhood was probably different than most, but having suffered so much loss you begin to appreciate people while they are here. It made me love my husband and children deeper, as well as acknowledge the people who mean the most to me in my life. We never know when our last day will be and I try to be forgiving and let go of meaningless grudges. Life is seriously too short.

So now that you have a little back story you can see why I am probably surrounded by all kinda paranormal activity. Although we have experienced the most in our current home its probably because we are so aware of our surroundings here that we are able to tell if something is off or if the house feels different. A lot of times I can actually feel when something is about to happen. There will be a certain smell or a feeling that someone is watching me. In saying that, one incident comes to mind and it is probably the scariest of them all. Mostly because I was alone.

So, I have been blessed with a husband that is a homebody. He honestly prefers to be at home with his family to pretty much anything. So when the opportunity came up for a guys trip to Myrtle Beach I basically had to talk him into going. Now this was in the midst of everything going on in the house and it was becoming pretty regular so he was very hesitant about leaving. But silly me, I urged him to go because he seriously needed a break. I began to regret that decision about 5 minutes after he walked out of the door. The boys went to visit their grandparents for the night and I was totally A-L-O-N-E. It was about 5:00 that evening and I was trying to occupy myself with Netflix when my cellphone started ringing. When I picked it up it read the numbers "111-111-1111" on the screen. I answered the call and it was nothing. I was half expecting some cliche heavy breathing on the line but no, just silence, and then it hung up from the other end. About 10 minutes later, it did it again. "111-111-1111". I answered and it was nothing on the other line. Starting to get a little anxious, I called Cody and spoke with him for a little while to make myself feel better. He assured me it was probably someone pranking me or a telemarketer at some point. By the way, who gave them access to cell phone numbers? Jeez! Anyway, so this happens 2 more times. Finally, I call my mom and I am talking to her about it and she says, "That's so strange because a few months after your brother died, we started getting calls like that every once in a while. No one was ever on the other end but I just always told myself it was him trying to reach out and let us know he was okay." This should have comforted me but no, it gave me the heebie jeebies and I wanted my husband back home asap! I continued my Netflix scrolling and it called AGAIN! Finally when I answered it was a lot of white noise. Just heavy static. So in my cliche, horror movie victim voice I yelled "WHO IS THIS!?" And it was the CREEPIEST effing laugh on the other end. And I seriously just got cold chills even typing it. It sounded like a really young little girl and then the call ended. I was done. I called Cody, who was now 3 hours away at this point and he suggested that I call a friend over to keep me company. And you always see these scenarios in horror films and you're like "Why doesn't she just leave the house?" but truth is I didn't feel like getting dressed, I just needed to be in my fat pants and I had just rented a movie that I REALLY wanted to watch. So if this little girl was going to get me... she was taking me out in a messy bun and yoga pants. So, I called my friend Tray. He came over, very hesitantly, and stayed for about an hour before hearing a noise in another room and then bailing on me! Once again I was alone. So, what do you do? You lock yourself in your room and watch Disney Channel. Duh. I finally convinced myself to just stick it out and suck it up. And I am actually sort of glad that the boys weren't home. I was so jumpy that I would have seriously freaked them out. It was just a heaviness in the house. A feeling where you know you aren't alone and I wasn't diggin' it. The best way that I usually occupy myself is writing in my journal. Yes, I know, I'm 12.  So by 10:00 pm that's what I had tried to do to keep my mind off of things. About 20 minutes into it, I heard a sound in the kitchen. It sounded like something had hit the countertop or fallen over but I could not think of what it could have been. And do you think that I was going to check? Uh, no. So I brushed it off. A few minutes later, it was the same sound but a little louder. Something wanted my attention and whatever it was -- it was a brat. So I hyped myself up and decided to check it out. Now, just to give you a visual I am going to include a picture of the two frames that were on my kitchen counter.


I just snapped this picture, it wasn't taken that night or anything but I just wanted you to get an idea of how the frames were positioned. This is how they are aways positioned. When I came into the kitchen both frames were facedown and if you zoom in on the yellow picture frame you can see that it hit the counter so hard that it actually broke in two places. The lower left corner and the right side have cracks in the frame. I was really freaked out. Now some would say that it was coincidence, that maybe the frames weren't positioned right and they fell. But both of them? Within minutes of each other? Others might say it was the wind. Well, others, its not the 50's and we don't keep our windows open around here. So, there is no logic that I can find as to what may have caused it. But if you have any guesses -- let me know!

So, thankfully, nothing else happened while he was away. Whatever was scaring me obviously could tell I had had my feel for the night. I didn't mention ANY of this to Cody while he was gone. He was expected home late the next evening so we went about our usual schedule and was in bed by 10 or so. Cody still hadn't gotten home and I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer so I passed out. The next morning, as we were talking over breakfast, he mentioned something that really spooked me. He said that he made it home about 2 am or so and noticed that I was sleeping. He said that he didn't even really walk into the bedroom that he jumped straight into the shower to avoid waking me. As he was in the shower he said he could hear music playing in the bedroom. He assumed that he had woke me up and that I was watching videos on my phone. When he got out of the shower, he still heard the same music. When he opened the bedroom door, I was still asleep in the same position. The Pandora app was opened on my phone and a Secondhand Serenade song "Your Call" was playing. Now, if anyone knows of a glitch or something where this has happened or is common please let me know, but as long as I have had Pandora it has never opened on its own or chosen its own station randomly. I have also not heard that song in years so it was odd that it had played, it wasn't one that I commonly listened to on the regular. So I filled him in on everything that had happened while he was gone and we just concluded that something or someone was trying to get a message across but what that message is, I have no idea. It is still extremely difficult for me to listen to that song, I have tried to analyze the lyrics to see if there is some sort of message that was trying to be conveyed but I ultimately end up turning it off. 


Now, a lot of people have asked how this has affected the boys. And yes, it has. However, we try not to bring too much attention to it. Both of them have said very uneasy things and we try to stray their mind away from it. I think Maycen has been affected the most. Mostly because he is a lot more verbal than Oliver. One night, we were lying in bed and I was flipping through albums on my phone to show Cody a picture of something. I flashed by a picture of my brother. Maycen was about 3 at the time and he asked me to stop on that picture. Obviously, Maycen has never met my brother and was really too young to understand any stories that I would have told about him. He stared at the picture for a few seconds and said "That's him." I looked over at Cody and then turned to Mayce. "That's who?" That's the boy that comes in my room. I calmly asked him what he meant and he replied, "That's the boy that comes in my room sometimes when you're sleeping. Always when you're sleeping." He was speaking about it so casually that I couldn't quite tell if he was being silly. And I asked, "Does he scare you? Why does he come into your room?" He said "No! We roll the ball. On Fridays." At this point I am in a state of shock. I ask him multiple times if he is playing with me, but at the age of 3 I don't think his sense of humor was developed enough for him to understand why that would be funny. He answered every question that I had very calmly and then climbed down from the bed and went into his room. That was the last I heard about that. 

The experience with Oliver was not so pleasant. It was in the middle of the afternoon, I was off from work and Mayce was in preschool so it was just Oliver and myself home for the day. I was trying to coax him into taking a nap, which was not working, and so we were lying in my bed together. I was singing one of his favorite songs and just as he started to doze off, he opened his eyes wide and said "Mommy, look!" And pointed to the ceiling. I asked, "What is it?" He said "Do you see the shadows?" Now, this was in the middle of the day so I wasn't necessarily as frightened as I was frustrated because it honestly seemed like something he was saying to get out of a nap. "No, I don't see any shadows." He kept pointing and said "Yes you do." I said "No, I don't see anything. Are they good shadows or bad shadows?" He whispered "Bad." Now the door to the bedroom was cracked slightly and as soon as that word left his mouth the door clicked shut and then it honestly sounded like something with very tiny feet and short steps did a lap around the house. It scared me so badly that I called Cody at work and made him leave early. I was so shaken up and the footsteps were so loud that my first actual thought was that someone was REALLY in my house. Like, a living person. But then all went quiet again. Oliver bursts into tears and all I wanted to do was leave but I was terrified to leave the bedroom. That was also probably one of my scariest encounters, I don't like to talk about it much. I still get cold chills. 

Cody and I try not to verbalize about these things out loud. The boys are still mostly unaware that something is going on and we would like to keep it that way. They have no issues sleeping in their room at night, and this also had a lot to do with why I put them in a room together. It brought me more comfort that way. So those are the stories that I have for today, and there are plenty more that I would love to share if you guys are interested! Please keep commenting and messaging me, I love to hear others' thoughts on the paranormal! Also, I have noticed that more activity happens when I am alone... Cody will be out of town for work soon, any ideas on what I should do when I am here alone?! Let me know. Until next time -- Check behind the shower curtain before you pee. :)



4 comments:

  1. Girl! If we ever got together we could sit & talk for hours about this stuff! Anything that happens here is mainly when I'm home alone as well. But every once in a while josh will get a little spooked, too. There are nights I wake up and pray to God to just get whatever is creeping in my house OUT and then have to fight myself to go back to sleep. The nights Josh is called into work & im here alone are the worst... AND I've also had the same experience with my Pandora randomly playing. Or my phone will "glitch" as Josh calls it and press buttons, call numbers, or text. (My phone is full of cracks from the kiddos, so he swears that's all it is!) there are times where I feel like there's a good presence here, and times where I feel like there are bad ones. My oldest, Kaylee, will find a picture of my dad (who passed before she was born) & tell me, "Yea, mom, that's my pawpaw mikie, he had to go from here but sometimes he talks to me). And this was about 8 months ago! Right around the time she turned 3 so I definitely don't think it was something she just "made up". My middle child, Maddi, always points to the ceiling & says, "what's that?" & will cover her eyes. I look, of course nothing there. So I'm always questioning myself if it's just coincidental and she's being silly or if there's honestly something there. There's also been times where Kaylee has told me she seen the "angels" in my room. Oh, & did I mention the house we live in, joshs parents bought after the man that lived here killed hisself here? Yea, I'm right here with you girl! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so strange, but I have read that kids will see things that we can't! We have very similar stories and I am so glad that I'm not alone because sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy! I wonder if the pandora thing is common??

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...truth is I didn't feel like getting dressed, I just needed to be in my fat pants and I had just rented a movie that I REALLY wanted to watch. So if this little girl was going to get me... she was taking me out in a messy bun and yoga pants."

    This is my favorite part, because that's so me lol. But seriously, the shadow part freaked me out ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I swear I would be the first to go in a horror film. In sweat pants with food probably still in my mouth. I am too lazy to run; just take me! lol.

      And yes, it really freaks me out. It makes you wonder how much is out there that we just can't see!

      Delete